What is the Australian Government Hearing Services Program?
The Australian Government Hearing Services Program provides eligible people with access to a range of hearing services, including hearing assessments, management, advice and support, and the fitting of a hearing device where needed. The program is managed by the Office of Hearing Services (OHS) in the Department of Health.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for the voucher component of the program if you are an Australian citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older and you are;
- a Pensioner Concession Card Holder
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink
- the holder of a Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) Gold Card issued for all conditions
- the holder of a DVA White Card issued for specific conditions that include hearing loss
- a dependent of a person in one of the above categories
- a member of the Australian Defence Force, or
- part of the Australian Government funded Disability Employment Services (DES) – Disability Management Service and you are referred by your Disability Employment Services case manager.
Acoustic Health is accredited to provide these services to eligible Pensioners and Veterans’ and are provided under the terms and conditions of the Office of Hearing Services (OHS) Program.